Monday, February 15, 2010

Glenalough and Prague

The last two weeks have been pretty good, but they would have been great if I had not been sick.
Two weekends ago, I went to the boonies of Ireland in a place called, Glendalough.
Glendalough was a former monastery for Irish monks, until it was burned down by the Vikings. Basically, a burned down church, a tower, and graves. Despite the crumbling buildings, the surroundings were very beautiful.





Last weekend, I went to visit my friend, Aaron Tucker, in Prague. Aaron and I didn't really know each other that well, but I wanted to continue going out of my comfort zone and building new relationships. I made a few mistakes on this trip and ended up creating new rules for future trips:

Rule No. 1: Little sleep is definitely better than none.
My flight to Prague was scheduled to leave at 6:00 am. It usually takes the bus an hour to get there plus some time to check in and get through security. After some weird thought processing, I decided to do homework and watch the movies, "Sin City" and "Zombieland".......instead of sleep. Zombieland is awesome. I thought I could catch a nap on the plane, but I met a cool Czech guy, Adam, at the airport and we talked the whole time on the plane. Sooo tired....

Rule No. 2: Check the weather before traveling somewhere
Prague is freezing! I brought two jackets, but my legs were numb half the time. Not good when you're sleep deprived.

Rule No. 3: Cook the meat.
After Aaron and I went the school he taught at, we went back to his house and cooked some chicken and rice. The chicken was kind of sketchy; it still had some feathers on it. After dinner, I experienced explosive volcanoes coming out of my mouth and anus.
"Not cool, sketchy chicken. You ruined me!"

The next day Aaron showed me around the city, but we had to make it short because I wasn't fully recovered and still ached. From then on, I spent my Prague days on this wonderful couch.




But! I did snap some pictures before I went down. bam! Mission accomplished!















Rule No. 4: Drink hot tea...ALL the time.



Tootles

5 comments:

  1. Nice Pics. Sorry to hear that you fell prey to undercooked chicken. I plan on visiting Prague during the summer. Hopefully it will be warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Prague is a great place to visit during the summer as well. Everything is super cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Undercooked chicken...reminds me of SB '09...thanks, Matt. lol

    Ben, that is the sickest tree I've ever seen anyone sit on. Please bring me back one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ravi,

    No. Ask me for something else.

    love,

    Ben

    ReplyDelete