Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Back to Dublin

I’m back in Dublin now, but I haven’t put together any footage from my trip to Spain because I’m studying for another set of midterms. I was supposed to arrive yesterday morning, but instead arrived at 2:00 am today. Yesterday I missed my flight because I took the bus to the wrong terminal. Who knew that Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 could be so fricking far apart? Even though I arrived at the check in desk 45 minutes before my flight left, there was nobody there. Bastards. After a 10 minutes of non stop swearing (in my head, of course), I used my handy dandy Mac to book another flight home. Luckily, there was a Ryanair flight leaving late at night from another city, Giorna. So, I took a few metro stops and bus rides to another airport and arrived at my apartment 15 hours later than expected.

One thing to note is that I met a cool guy named, John. John is an actor who lives in Dublin and also missed his flight to Dublin. I saw John at the airport, cussing (out loud), and I asked if he wanted to travel with me to Giorna airport. How did I know he was going to Dublin? Well, it’s kind of easy to pick out an Irish accent in Barcelona, especially if the accent came out of a burly red headed man. It was nice traveling with John because it made me more confident in trying to get out of my sticky situation. So I guess my morning disaster wasn’t ALL bad, because I made a new friend out of nowhere.





John Carey






Here is a video that took me about 10 seconds to put together. It's all about the scenery.....the rest sucks.

Climbing in Ireland from ben tsui on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment